Level I 2012 Review by Michelle Styles-Tacik

I am Michelle Styles-Tacik, a graduate from the Music Education program at the University of Regina. I spent last year teaching K-5 arts education at Warman Elementary, and loved it! However, by the end of the year, I still didn’t feel like I really ‘got’ what arts ed. should be like.  I decided that I needed to take the Orff level I class this summer to at least learn how to incorporate more instruments, dance, and movement into lessons. By the end of class on the first day, I really wished I had taken it before I started teaching! By the end of our 10 days together, our group couldn’t wait to show off what we had learned, and we plan on keeping in contact to share ideas, successful lessons, etc… with each other. Janie and Marlene seriously know their stuff, and are so good at what they do- I don’t think my brain has been fed that much good information, ever! I can’t wait to get the year started so I can have more fun singing, playing, and dancing with my students!